To Our 16th Year of Excellence in Music Education!
The St. Charles County Youth Orchestra (SCCYO) in Missouri is a not-for-profit organization. The orchestra, founded in April of 1996, is open to public, private, and home-schooled students across St. Charles County MO and the surrounding region. Currently, approximately 100 young musicians, grades two through twelve, are members. There are three separate ensembles, grouped by instrument, age and skill level. The ensembles consist of the Symphony Orchestra, Cadenza Orchestra, and Primo Strings. Placement is by audition.
The mission of the St. Charles County Youth Orchestra is to provide an opportunity for young musicians to achieve musical competence by studying and playing orchestral literature and performing before audiences.
The goals of the St. Charles County Youth Orchestra include:
- Encourage individuals to develop their musical abilities.
- Provide a variety of performance opportunities.
- Cultivate excellence in performance.
- Develop greater interest in music and performance among a broad base of area youth.
- Provide culturally rich experiences for our students, SCCYO benefactors, and St. Charles residents.
The SCCYO performs several times a year in St. Charles and surrounding areas. For specific information regarding auditions and the like, call us at:
or send us an email with our Contact Form
View the complete SCCYO Handbook Here
View the Child Protection Policy Here